The Diamondback – University of Maryland Alumni
The University of Maryland’s The Diamondback wrote a great article about us and how we got our start with lots of help from the University of Maryland.It hits on all of our highlights, including our company’s history and our EPA-compliant wood stove (NOTE: This article has since been archived as the Diamondback News website transitioned to a new domain):
- How we went from Fire Protection Engineering students to entrepreneurs of the MF Fire business
- How the Catalyst (formerly the Mulciber) was designed to be the cleanest, most efficient wood stove
- That we won the Low Emissions Prize in the Wood Stove Decathlon
- Our success with multiple rounds of investor fundraising
- What the testing process was like
- How the founders are proud alumni of the University of Maryland
And of course, our source of energy: “What sets us apart is that we are the first wood stove company that is really interested in helping people to live a natural and sustainable lifestyle,” Myers said.
Since the article was written, the University of Maryland Alumni have launched MF Fire and built an EPA-compliant wood stove, the Catalyst Wood Burning Stove.