1. Reservation. This Reservation Agreement between the person or entity identified below as you and MF Fire, Inc., identified below as we or us, is for your reservation of a Nova wood stove with us. By entering into this Nova wood stove Reservation Agreement you hereby confirm that you wish to reserve a Nova wood stove with us. You acknowledge your understanding that the Nova wood stove will not be available for sale and delivery until all testing is successfully completed and the test results have been certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
2. Nature of Agreement; Non-Binding Reservation Payment The Reservation Payment of $2,495 is fully refundable by us to you at any time (for example, if you choose to cancel or abandon your reservation). This Agreement does not constitute an offer for sale or an agreement for the sale of a Nova wood stove and does not lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are under no obligation to purchase a Nova wood stove from us, and we are under no obligation to supply you with a Nova wood stove. In addition, the design and specifications of the product are subject to change after EPA testing. If and when we notify you of the availability of a Nova wood stove and inform you of its approved specifications, and you wish to proceed with the purchase of a Nova wood stove, such sale and purchase will be governed by a separate and legally binding Sale and Purchase Agreement between you and us.
3. Effective Date; Reservation Process This Agreement is formed and becomes effective when we receive both your: (1) executed Agreement and (2) Reservation Payment in the amount and form stated in the Payment Instructions provided to you in connection with this Agreement. You may execute this Agreement by either: (i) hand-delivering or sending a signed Agreement to us by facsimile, email or prepaid post; or (ii) by acknowledging and accepting this Agreement online. You may make your Reservation Payment by the means described in the Payment Instructions. Once this Agreement becomes effective, you will be placed on the Nova wood stove reservations list and will receive communications about the Nova wood stove program.
4. Order Process When the start of production nears, we will ask you to confirm your reservation. MF Fire will then send you a Purchase Agreement for your Nova wood stove providing the purchase price, plus estimates of any applicable taxes, delivery charges, and estimated delivery dates. If you proceed and purchase the Nova wood stove you must sign and return the Purchase Agreement together with any amounts that are then required to be paid. Production of your Nova wood stove will then be commenced and your deposit payable under the Purchase Agreement will be held by MF Fire as a non-refundable deposit (to the extent permitted by applicable law) and applied fully to the purchase price.
5. Deferral If you do not wish to enter into a Purchase Agreement at the time that you are contacted by MF Fire, you have the option to relinquish your reservation position and defer to a later position. If you do not communicate your decision to us within 30 (30) days of notification under paragraph 4, you will automatically be granted such a deferral.
6. Your Details The personal information that we collect from you will include the information provided in the signature page of this Agreement or online when you complete the reservation process. We will treat all your personal information as confidential (though we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it securely and we will fully comply with our obligations under applicable data protection and privacy laws. You hereby give us your consent to use your personal information and other information which you provide so that we can process your reservation and conduct administration, so that MF Fire can prepare the order and Purchase Agreement, and we may inform you of any marketing information. You can opt out of receiving marketing information from us at any time and you may contact us for more information. However, we will still use your information to process your reservation.
7. Limitation of Liability To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no warranty of any kind in connection with this Reservation Agreement or its subject matter. Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including any and all (a) loss of opportunity (including loss of contract or right to offer or tender); (b) lost opportunity cost; (c) loss of business; (d) reduction or damage to goodwill; (e) damage to name or reputation; (f) loss or corruption of data, and regardless of whether any or all of these circumstances are considered to be indirect or consequential losses or damage, in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or law or otherwise arising out of our breach of this Agreement. If we are held liable for any damages related to your reservation or this Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to reimbursement of the Reservation Payment paid to us.
8. Acknowledgments You understand that MF Fire may not have completed the testing and certification of the Nova wood stove or begun manufacturing the Nova wood stove at the time of your reservation. You also acknowledge that, if you purchase a Nova wood stove, it may not be delivered to you until the fall of 2018 or later. We will not hold your Reservation Payment separately or in an escrow or trust fund or pay any interest on Reservation Payments, except to the extent required by law.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without regard to its conflict of laws and provisions. Both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of Maryland, U.S.A.
Emily A. –
My husband and I installed a Nova Tower in our office two years ago. We use the stove as a primary heat source and were looking for a unit that would be easy to maintain throughout our busy day. This stove has worked out perfect for our application! We loved it so much so that we ended up installing the Nova 2 w/legs in our home. Both units have a large viewing area of the fire, do a wonderful job of heating our spaces, and the sleek look of each unit fits the style of our office and home. We appreciate the simplistic operations of the stove and its overall performance.
Anne Sharrar –
We had the Nova installed about 5 weeks ago and we love it! When we burned fires in just the fireplace, it actually caused the house to get colder, and it required constant attention to keep the fire going. When we are burning wood in the Nova it heats the entire downstairs of our 3000 square ft house and it burns with a constant and beautiful flame . Also we can go to bed without worrying about a fire hazard. We couldn't be happier with it. Thank you!
Elizabeth Cobb –
Very excited to use my new Nova 2! Recently replaced it from an old, very inefficient stove that needed to be retired. The viewing window is amazing and has such a sleek and simple style which I love. It’s the heart of my home! Thank you!
Rick McClurg (verified owner) –
We took delivery of our Nova wood stove on Christmas Eve, 2020, and it has proved to be a gift that just keeps on giving! Here, in the Pacific Northwest, the days are damp and gray (a lot of the time...), so we keep a fire going all day and often through the night as an element of cheer to balance the weather. Our Nova has been doing that and so much more. Before getting the Nova, we had an old, non-EPA-Certified stove in our home for 35 years and burned a lot of wood--mostly alder and fir, with some maple and madrone--in . Great stove in lots of ways, but....burned dirty and wasn't terribly efficient. Now, with the Nova, we're getting way more heat out of way less wood--and seeing whisps of smoke instead of plumes! We love the way it holds the heat, even after the fire has died down--the heat is so even. Starting fires is also much easier--the stove draws really well. I\'m also appreciating the attention to detail: welds are clean, door fits perfectly, catalytic combuster lever is smooth and doesn't generally get too hot to handle. The window lets us see the source of all the warmth, too! We love this stove and wish that we'd gotten it sooner. And, yes, it cost an extra $300 to ship it to the west coast--but it was worth every penny!
Maia T. –
Previous review: We have two Novas: a super, five star Nova and its miserly, one star cousin. FIVE STARS: The rear vent stove gets 5 stars. It’s a pleasure to use. In the morning, the coals are still warm: we stir them up, add more wood (which catches from the embers), and just keep going. It burns evenly and the firebox stays hot even after the fire dies down. Love the big viewing window and the ease of use. We wish we had two of these…. But we don’t. ONE STAR Our second Nova is a miserly, fire-hating, lump of metal. Its the type of appliance that breaks up long-standing marriages. This second stove is a top vent. It’s miserable. On the second re-visit to try to get it going, our installer gave up on traditional fire building methods and (literally) lit it with a propane blow torch. Which was great. We kept it going for the night but even with an 8 hour burn, it still had hand sized chunks of unburned wood in the center of the stove in the morning. The firebox wasn’t hot enough to light a new piece of wood on the embers. Our installer’s assessment is that the top-vent only wants perfectly dry wood in tiny pieces. Ugh. (Note that we use the same wood as in the other stove.) UPDATE: The rear-vent is still the super star but, with a few tweaks, the top vent is functioning much better: * on the third visit the installer pulled the top vent forward in the fireplace as much as possible creating more air space behind it. This has made the biggest difference. * now we don't fool around: we get this stove as hot as possible as quickly as possible by using lots of kindling and smaller pieces of wood. If the ash in the bottom is low or cooled, we seed some hot ash from the other stove. * we burn in a U-shape. If we can get the back and sides heated up quickly, the stove is happier. The top-vent is still quirky. But I've upped my stars overall to 5 because now that we understand the quirks we can sustain a good fire (and get it started without gnawing our teeth to nubs in frustration). Additionally, the customer service team at MFfire has been helpful in trying to figure our what's up and offering suggestions to help us get the stove functioning more efficiently.
Janet Stoll (verified owner) –
Awesome customer service!!!! We forgot to order the Nova with the pipe out the top, but they switched it for us just before it needed to ship. The other piping option out the back of the stove wouldn't have worked for us. Burned it twice so far and love it! One negative thus far - we had some issues getting one of the legs put on. Kind of had to force it which wasn't fun.
Jamie Wilshire –
Nova 2 and really like it so far. It burns beautifully! They even put a picture we sent them on their facebook. A few tips when using the Nova 2: - Always open the bypass lever before opening the door. We didn't quite understand this at first, but it keep smoke coming out the door - We found it best to crack the front door and then slowly open it just far enough to reload logs into. - Don't forget the first time you burn it, the paint cures! Another thing we forgot, but didn't end up being a big deal. - Build a top-down fire. They told us to do it and it actually works. Much different than how I built a fire in previous wood stoves, but it is easy. Feels a little backwards, but I swear it works.
Chester Warren (verified owner) –
We put a Nova in our fireplace. We needed it to be vented from the top of the stove so we requested that. Works great. Replaced an old crappy US Stove we used to have. Wish we did it earlier in the winter.
Tracie Inglewood (verified owner) –
We love our Nova 2! We bought it from a local chimney sweep company in MD and absolutely love it. Clean glass, hot burn, idiot proof. Not to mention - it looks beautiful!
Ben Tilghman –
We love, love, love this stove. So warm, attractive design, efficient, clean... there's just nothing bad about this stove at all.
John Sollenberger (verified owner) –
Our experience with MF Fire has always been great, from the beginning of first interest, to buying our first Nova wood stove. Your customer service has always been a great help answering any questions we have had and also in a timely manner via email.
Samuel Warrenfeltz (verified owner) –
I love mine. It is super easy to burn and I had coals every morning in the end of the Spring when I finally got around to purchasing and installing my Nova. I wish I had got off my butt earlier in the winter because the Nova is way better than my previous stove. Trying to get my neighbor to get one for the fall. - Sam
Brent Wainwright –
My wife and I were searching for a wood stove for a few years before finding MF Fire. We previously lived in a house with an old (70's era) wood stove and very much missed having a stove when we moved. The Nova is beautiful and extremely easy to operate (old stove was a lot of work). Load it up, light and go. So easy to use, glass stays clean for a long time. We purchased in late 2018 and had it installed in early 2019. No regrets. MF Fire was very helpful both pre and post-purchase. We are going to buy a Delta fire pit next!
Andre Torbin –
Super easy to use. 5 stars
Meg Withorn (verified owner) –
They asked us to write a review and we said gladly!!! We heat our 1,000 sq ft cabin with our Nova and it works great. It is efficient with our firewood and works better than any stoves I have had in the past. They say the glass stays clean and it ACTUALLY does. We also have coals every morning when we wake up so we don't have to restart it. Very pleased with our purchase.
Dan Millberg (verified owner) –
We bought one from local dealer and its great. Wife loves the look, I love using it. Trying to get my neighbor to swap his old stove out for one. Thanks!
Walter Skayhan (verified owner) –
We love our Nova wood stove! My wife and I bought Nova and heated with it throughout last season (2018). Nova is the easiest to use wood stove I've ever encountered. It produces excellent heat and fits perfectly into our fireplace. Bringing heat into that part of the house (historic older home) allows us to entertain friends in comfort throughout the winter. The MF Fire team did a terrific job helping us pick the right stove and supported us and our installer throughout the installation process. Their post-sale support was as impressive as support before the sale. They followed up and made sure we had all our questions answered and that we were totally satisfied. We couldn’t ask for any better customer care. We are looking forward to adding another MF Fire stove to a home we are currently renovating.
Robert Winzer (verified owner) –
Purchased Nova in the early spring and had the local stove shop guys install it. They hadn't installed an MF Fire stove yet, but everything went off without a hitch. So far we like it better than the Regency something we had before.
Gregory Schmidt (verified owner) –
We got our Nova late in the winter and had to wait for our installer to put it in, but we love it so far. It is very obviously made with high quality workmanship. It heats our home perfectly.
Michael R. –
Love our Nova! We use it in our mountain house and it does a perfect job. There is no smoke coming from our chimney when the stove is rocking. Our favorite part is seeing the fire through the glass front door. We are happy our old stove is gone!
Jane Holley (verified owner) –
After looking for a couple of years for a stylish but smallish stove that was not imported and a fortune, I discovered MFFire and their Nova. It is exactly what I wanted. My Nova and I are getting to know each other but I think it will be a long an happy relationship! The support for the company has been personal, hugely responsive and knowledgable.!!
Carol Nelson (verified owner) –
We purchased our Nova wood stove several months ago, but it took a while for our installer to get it installed since they were so busy. But now that it is installed, we couldn't be happier. We had a few questions prior to purchasing and the sales folks at MF Fire answered all of our questions perfectly. 5 star stove
Our family has been burning for a few weeks and love it! It makes beautiful flames and our glass never gets dirty. We use ours as a way to heat our family room, kitchen, and office and it works great. Highly recommend!
J. Woodson (verified owner) –
Just got a nova a few weeks ago. it burns great, puts off good heat, and much easier to use than my previous stove.
Jackie K. (verified owner) –
Love it. The stove is high quality and super easy to use. Beautiful burn. My favorite part is the glass stays incredibly clean, a pet peeve of mine for other stoves.
Dawn Mitzner –
Great little stove. Easy to get a fire started. Huge viewing area for a small stove. Solid heat output.
Bill Price –
Just installed Nova this weekend and did my curing burn while I could open my windows. Enjoyed my first full burn last night and absolutely loved it. Great flames, clean glass and no controls to baby sit. My house is a 1250 sq ft rancher- perfect for my space.